Mercer County Homeless Trust passed by Mercer County Freeholders on Tuesday, March 9, 2010.
The County Homeless Trust Fund will establish a dedicated fund to end homelessness within Mercer County. Revenues from the fund may be used for preventing homelessness, building housing or providing services. The fund will be created by a $3 fee on every deed recorded in Mercer County, beginning on April 15, 2010.
It is expected that the funds collected can be leveraged up to five times their value through other State and Federal funds.
Mercer County becomes the 7th county in New Jersey to pass the county-based Homeless Trust Fund, since it was signed into law in September, 2009. The Mercer Alliance to End Homelessness, along with its partners in the NJ Advocacy Network to End Homelessness,was instrumental in the drafting of the enabling legislation for county homeless trust funds and in advocating for its passage through the New Jersey Legislature.
F- Jarrett Kerbel, Executive Director, Crisis Ministry of Trenton and Princeton; Pasquale "Pat" Colavita, Jr., Freeholder; Connie Mercer, Executive Director, HomeFront; Ann M. Cannon Freeholder Chair; Scott Fairman, Outreach Specialist, Mercer Alliance to End Homelessness; Tarry Truitt, Project Manager; Mercer Alliance to End Homelessness; Lucylle R. S. Walter, Freeholder
R- Dan Benson, Freeholder; Keith V. Hamilton, Freeholder Vice Chair; John A. Cimino, Freeholder
Super Tax Days
Walk in – First Come, First Served
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Lawrence Community Center
295 Eggerts Crossing Rd, Lawrenceville, NJ
Wednesday, April 7- Time: 4pm–8pm
Mercer County Hispanic Association
821 S. Broad Street, Trenton, NJ
FREE TAX PREPARATION…. BRING THE FOLLOWING:
- Picture ID
- Social Security Cards (or ITINs) and dates of births for the taxpayer, spouse, and children and any other dependents you are claiming.
- W2 form (Document provided by your employer listing your earnings and taxes paid.) 1099 Forms (Document listing your different sources of income. Most commonly used by people working under contracts.)
- Copy of 2008 Income Tax Return if possible.
- Bank account number, routing number. (Bring a voided check.)
- First come, first served basis. Additional appointments are available at different dates
WHO QUALIFIES FOR FREE TAX PREPARATION?
- Families with a combined income of less than $50,000.
- Couples and singles without children earning less than $50,000.
- Immigrants without a social security number will be assisted.